7D's new LCD monitor - protect with plastic film?

Started Mar 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
Motagaly
Regular MemberPosts: 101Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D's new LCD monitor - protect with plastic film?
In reply to Hendrik123, Mar 27, 2010

Hendrik123 wrote:
a film will not protect the LCD if it was hit violently with a zipper

Brian D. Schneider wrote:
It's tempered glass, you're not gonna scratch it with a zipper.

I am talking about scratching by swinging while touching a zipper edges, not hitting by a zipper as practically it is not going to happen. With the first a film will take all the scratches protecting the cover as this was the case with me in the XSI.

I didn’t know that the 7D LCD cover is tempered glass; however I’ll keep the film on it as it won’t hurt or degrade the quality of reviewing my shoots, and I don’t review pictures on the LCD a lot as I used to review them on the Epson P-7000 while shooting outside.

-- hide signature --

I Know all the basics, but applying them all at the right moment is what makes you a photographer

Canon 7D/BG-E7 - - - - - - - EF 24-105 L - - - - - - - - - - - - EFs 10-22 - - - - - - - - - - Tamron 28–300 Canon 430 EX - - - - Manfrotto CF 190CXPRO4 - - - - 804RC2 3W PT Head - - - - - - - Epson P-7000

Motagaly's gear list:Motagaly's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow