Started Mar 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tenzinck
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Cybershot TX5 defect?
Mar 27, 2010

I recently purchased a cybershot TX5. Sleek little camera. It is my first underwater camera. Upon inspection after getting it home, I noticed a small space in the seam between the front panel on the camera and its base. It runs near where the battery compartment is. The camera seems to work fine. My first thought was that you very small space was a defect. So, i took it back to the store to swap it for a new one. I discovered that all the models in the store had exactly the same space. To make it clear, it is basically a very slim gap between the front panel (not the sliding part) and the bottom of the camera, on the front side, running along the battery compartment. I was surprised by this, and couldn't imagine its purpose. I imagined it would be airtight. After being reassured by the salesman, and the fact I have a 1 year warranty, I kept it, and gave it a test in the sink. I left it under water for a bit, used it underwater, dried it off, opened the battery compartment, and checked everything. Everything seems fine. I dunked it again for a while and dried it off, and it seems fine. Is this an intentional part of the design, to allow evaporation in the event some moisture gets into the inside? The "slot" is almost unnoticeable, but if i push the front panel it does align flush. I highly doubt several of the same cameras (in different colors) would all exhibit the same problem.

Is this even a problem?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow