Started Mar 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gm1974
Contributing MemberPosts: 538
Like?
Battery Grip (Canon or OEM)?
Mar 26, 2010

Hi. I know, this has probably been asked about 12 million times, but the search brings up about 12 million hits, most of which have nothing to do with my question.

I have huge hands. On the 7D, my pinky ends up holding the battery door closed...

Any recommendations for a battery grip for the 7D? Weight is not an issue, I routinely carry my cam on my hand for hours on end on walkabout, in fact a better grip would probably reduce fatigue.

I want: a beefier grip, portrait controls, and more space when I put my cam on a bracket with my speedlite. Right now when I bracket it, I have to contort my hand like a circus freak just to switch AF points...

Do you lose any functionality with a 3rd party grip? (i.e. Adorama Flashpoint for 50% the price of the Canon one?)

I don't care if it doesn't have a "Canon" sticker, I just want it to work well (i.e. have all the functions a Canon one would) and feel nice, i.e. similar to the built-in grip, not cheap plasticky.

Any recommendations?

Cheers

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow