Lightroom Beta 3 verion 2 OUTSTANDING

Started Mar 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
Bruce Oudekerk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,659Gear list
Like?
Re: Lightroom Beta 3 verion 2 OUTSTANDING
In reply to Danny Williams, Mar 25, 2010

What will be interesting to me, at least, is how the higher ISO images out of existing cameras like the a700 and a900/a850 will process in relation to other demosaic engines like DxO and C1, especially when additional noise reduction plug-ins, etc, are factored in. This will probably take a year to sort out and then we’ll have new strategies to use.

It will also be interesting to me to see how gains in the “older” camera technologies like the a700 and a900/a850 will fair in relation to newer Sony cameras and cameras from other systems. It would seem that more relative gains could be made with intrinsically high ISO/higher noise cameras than newer systems. The key word there is ‘relative’ because we are always limited by noise at the hardware level. Is this just wishful thinking on my part?

I’m assuming…as other are… that the RAW rendering engine in PS CS5 will be the same or similar to LR beta 2. It is the single best reason for me to upgrade, if so. I would bet money that Adobe will NOT allow this engine to be used on CS4 for that reason, if nothing else. To me, a workflow that allows easy and transparent processing when using PS is very valuable. Right now with CS3, I’m converting my RAWs into DNG and then processing them in ACR. Certainly not the best path but it works and at ISO 1600 and lower it has worked very well for me, especially at print sizes that I have been using.

Interesting times:)

Bruce

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WOW!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow