Started Mar 25, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William Faulkner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,611
Like?
iPad as External Monitor for Camera?
Mar 25, 2010

Has anyone found a reason the iPad cannot be used as an external monitor to view images? This would be for on location use to review images and in general to just allow art directors to approve shots. All post processing etc. would be done back at the studio.

If it can be used as a monitor two accessories soon to be seen for the iPad will be a hood for daylight viewing and a connector arm to attach an iPad to a tripod.

Thought of getting a SD-> CF adapter and use a Eye-Fi card in the camera or get the Apple "iPad Camera Connector Kit" and tether the camera directly to the iPad.

I had one of the camera connectors for the iPod which was useless so I hope the iPad connector works better.

I know there will be a number of folks asking why don't you just use the laptop? I can and do but the idea of just handing around an image on a device with the form/function of the iPad is just to good to ignore. Especially if I can download the images wirelessly to it.

If anyone remembers shooting Polaroids (especially the 8X10s) you know what I mean.

Plus it's just another reason to justify buying one.

Bill F

http://picasaweb.google.com/faulknerstudios

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow