Started Mar 25, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
englishman
Contributing MemberPosts: 924
Like?
t2i - Bright Pictures - Soft Focus
Mar 25, 2010

O.K. I'm not getting much response posting pictures from my t2i (I have a thread on focus below with only one response) but I'm a little frustrated with this new camera. I don't know if it's my lack of skills or what (I'm sure it is) but the lighting / focus with my old G9 seemed much more "spot-on" than with this t2i. Someone (please) tell me what I'm doing wrong!

The first two are clearly not in focus. I took a bucketload of portraits and all were super soft like these. Sharpening can only fix these so much. They're simply not in great focus. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm shooting center spot focus and focusing right on her eye.

The last two pictures have pretty good focus, although still somewhat soft (I look at pictures here that are tack sharp all the time and these don't really compare) but the lighting - ugh. It's way too bright. The brights are washed out. It just looks bad to me. What's the problem? The sun was behind me. Lighting was good. The sun was somewhat muted behind light clouds. I tried center spot focusing and I also tried the 9 point auto-focus. Any help greatly appreciated. I'm tempted to return this camera but I know others are getting great results with it.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow