Started Mar 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ronald Hall
Contributing MemberPosts: 831
Like?
Anyone have an HP B9180 replaced?
Mar 24, 2010

I need to have my printer replaced for a hardware failure and I have purchased an HP Care Pack for it which has not yet expired. I purchased the HP NBD Exchange 3 year warranty. After going through HP's tech support drill, they said they would have someone call me the next day to set up an exchange.

They didn't call. I called them 3 days later and they said for some reason the exchange was not processed properly. Fine, whatever. But once they did, they are telling me I must pay for the shipping of the new printer to me. Is this correct? I would have thought since I purchased NBD replacement that they would pick up the shipping for it. Am I incorrect there?

I tried to explain to the person on the phone what my problem was but I don't think they were understanding (language barrier, if you know what I mean). I kept asking them if my printer showed an extended warranty and they said yes, but couldn't explain further other than they would pay to return the old one but I had to pay to get the new one.

I don't think they have my warranty registered properly or something. I guess I want to find out if this is normal or not and if I should be disputing the charge for the shipping.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow