ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marcin Mo111347cicki
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
smallest and lightest adapters & lenses
Mar 23, 2010

Hi,

I'm a new owner of GF1 looking for legacy tele and macro lenses. It's my hiking camera and I am looking to complete a system as light and compact as possible, not necessarily the best performing.

The quick question: is Canon FD adapter any smaller / lighter then pentax/nikon/other 35mm? I know Leica M is the smallest, and the lenses are small, but I'm not prepared to cash out over 1000$ for each lens in the second system.

If adapter owners could weight them, it would be great!

The general subject of lenses had to be brought up many times, but if anybody remembers a helpful topic with lens recommendations taken these assumptions, I'd be really grateful.

So far, it seems like in the range of 50mm Nikon E-series 50mm f/1.8 is the clear winner, weighting reputedly only 135g (or 155g, if the weight adheres only to the first version of the lens), to be had under 100$ : http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/emfgfg20/eserieslenses/htmls/283550mm.htm#50mm

The weight of a duraluminium adapter however for Nikon F however still remains an unknown.

Now I need at least macro and a 100mm. I guess I can do without anything longer, not having IS in body.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow