Started Mar 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ThingFish
Contributing MemberPosts: 699
Like?
Wrong time to get into 4/3 format?
Mar 23, 2010

I currently own the L1 and the Leica kit lens. I really like it but now I am wondering if it is wise to expand and build up my collection of 4/3 lenses as I hear and read rumors about the possibility that Olympus might abandon the 4/3 format in favor of the Micro Four Thirds format. If that is true then in the near future I will be stuck with a collection of nice 4/3 lenses and no new bodies being developed to support them. And of coure if this is true then no new 4/3 format lenses will be developed anymore either. I know you can use them on the micro four thirds format with special adapters but you loose some functions with some of the lenses and I really don't want to go the "Adapter" route.

So before I decide to splash out on this i need to know if the future for 4/3 is secure. If not I must change course now and go for either micro four thirds or a brand with larger format sensors like Canon or Nikon.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow