Started Mar 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RiptoR
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Beta testers wanted
Mar 23, 2010

I recently was in need of an application that allowed tethered shooting with my Nikon DSLRs (I own a D300, and a D60 as backup). Since the official Nikon remote control software was a bit too expensive for my taste, I decided to look around a bit for alternatives. I found several tools and scripts that were sufficient for my project, but I started thinking "why not write one myself".

So I started coding my own remote control application, and things are coming along nicely. I should have a first testversion available soon (1 to 3 weeks), and I'm loking for a couple of betatesters who want to help me iron out bugs before I release the tool to the public (I'll most likely release it for free).

The tool is build in .NET, so you'll need to be on Windows with the necessary .NET runtimes installed. Beta versions will be compiled with .NET 3.5 (I'm planning on compiling the public release with .NET 2.0). The tool will only work with Nikon DSLRs. Nikon Point-and-Shoot cameras could possibly work with reduced functionality in the tool. The tool should be perfectly safe and won't harm your equipment in any way. I'm testing it vigorously with my own camera's to ensure nothing bad can happen.

If you're interested, please mail me at r2c2tool_at_gmail.com (replace 'at' with '@', but you already knew that). Keep in mind I'll only accept your application if you include the following data:

• Camera model(s)

• Your name and age

• Country of residence

Access to Instant Messaging tools, such as MSN or GoogleTalk, could be very handy but is not required.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to post them here.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow