Oly lenses

Started Mar 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
kapekodder
Regular MemberPosts: 141Gear list
Like?
Re: Oly lenses
In reply to Tom Obszanski, Mar 23, 2010

I had been thinking of the 12-60 for use with my E-3, as it had been touted to be the fastest focusing combination. As I read of the wide end distortion, as reported by various members, I became more comfortable with staying with my 14-54 Mk1. I then weighed the advantages of the 9-18 vs. the 11-22, ultimately buying a good copy of the 11-22. It stays on my camera most of the time now. In reality, I found the "fastest" wasn't my necessity, but rather the reliable performance of a slightly wider and bright lens. My 50-200 Mk1 and the EC-14 really help cover the 11mm to 283mm (4/3rds) range! Depending on your wallet and, perhaps, profession, you may feel more comfortable buying new. I am an enthusiast, so my lenses are well-cared for pre-owned copies. You may wish to look at buy/sell sections of the other forums for some affordable options to build your kit.

kapekodder's gear list:kapekodder's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD200 Nikon Coolpix S610 Canon PowerShot SD780 IS Canon PowerShot S90 Olympus E-1 +29 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow