ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LShepherd
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
SDHC Compatibility with ZS5
Mar 22, 2010

Hi there,

I bought the new Panasonic DMC-ZS5 today and so far I’ve had no issues with it, except for the memory card I have. I upgraded from a Canon PowerShot A570, and I have used a 4 GB Lexar SDHC memory card since I bought the Canon camera over 2 years ago without issue. However, when I turn on the Panasonic with this memory card inserted, I get a message saying the memory card has not been formatted with the camera and is not suitable for recording video. The thing is, video works fine – I tried. And using it for photos works fine too.

I tried going on the Panasonic website to look up compatibility, as it suggested in the manual that came with the camera, but they don’t have compatibility listings for the ZS5 up yet and all the listings for the ZS3 are apparently only of Panasonic products.

I’m just wondering if it’s necessary to actually spend even more money on a Panasonic SDHC card, or if it’s ok to continue using the Lexar one I already have. Has anyone else had something similar happen with their camera?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Liz

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow