Started Mar 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TJ2010
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Where is the magic?
Mar 21, 2010

I really want to pull the trigger on a 5D mk II. But then I read all of these guys that somewhat regret going from 5D to 5D mx II, saying that the 5D images used to have that intangible "magic" factor. And other guys pine for a 5D sensor in a 7D body.

Then, I read the review of the 5D mk II, and one of the cons is "soft" jpeg output.

So, I am conflicted. I have always wanted to make the leap to full frame, and I am always chasing that "magic". Do I want to spend $2500 on the mark II, or stick with the 40D a while longer and wait for the next magical sensor.

I thought about a used 5D, but even the 40D has better creature comforts. I am not sure I want to go backward in that department. And, if I am going to have dust, I want it to be my own dust. I worry about non-pros cleaning their own sensors, etc. I know that's not entirely reasonable, but I am who I am.

Is that soft jpeg comment just referring to the default in-camera sharpening? Can't you just bump that up?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow