ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Imight
Regular MemberPosts: 147
Like?
settings for indoor horseriders
Mar 20, 2010

hi all,

the most of you of you are more experienced than I am. So here is my question: last night I was in a bad lighted hall to shoot fast moving horses. To my disappointment, the most of the pictures weren't sharp. Only a few of the not moving ones. Many of them were OOF, some did focus on the wrong part. I used the 35-100 on my E 30, a lens I own for a very short time. The horses were in my reach. But WHAT did I do wrong? I know I must not expect bright photos, but they can be sharper than this, I think. They were and dark and not sharp...My settings were: Shutter priority 250, Iso 1000. I could not use the flash. I used the standard sharpening sttings and all that. When I set Aperture priority, all pics turn out much brighter... but when a horse moves a leg it is unsharp. What can I do to improve my pictures? I did use a monopod from time to time, but this didn't seem to help. Any help very much appreciated!!!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow