Zeiss 21mm f2.8 ZF.2 color cast on D3x

Started Mar 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
noirdesir
Forum ProPosts: 10,554
Like?
Re: P.S.
In reply to noirdesir, Mar 20, 2010

noirdesir wrote:

(Currently I am struggling with turning a set of lines in Illustrator into a shape and all posts I find of people having the same problem are mostly answered with a link to a tutorial none of which really describes what are the precise steps or following these steps does not produce what I want, aka, hold down alt and the cursor will change into a .., well, it simply does not change...)

To stay off-topic, I have figured out the Illustrator line-to-shape thing. Whoever designed this deserves a slap on the head.

To create a shape out of line segments you need to connect them. Duh, I pretty much knew this before I could even spell the word Illustrator. But how do you (a) know or check whether two line segments are connected? Stark silence. Try finding that in the manual. And (b) how do you connect them. Bonus points for bringing up the Join command which I stumbled upon before I even first read about it. The join command at least nicely informs me that I need to select two open end points (or words to that effect).

But here is the crux, how do you select the endpoints of two line segments which have been snapped together such that they are on top of each other (and in my view aren't really endpoints anymore)? You don't, at least I can see no way, the trick is to unsnap them, create an artificial gap, then select the two endpoints (anchor points) with the white arrow and select Object -> Path -> Join. I doubt that there are many tutorials which describe this method.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
P.S.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow