Started Mar 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MonteCarlo67
Regular MemberPosts: 164Gear list
Like?
Just picked up a new E-420!!
Mar 19, 2010

Sorry, not much of a post here other to say you Olympus users have had a great little secret on your hands! I have always been a Nikon or Canon user. My main camera is a Canon 5D. I like to have a small camera for the times when it's just not in the cards to lug the big gear around. I have tried a number of point & shoot cameras (even high end ones like the Canon G11). None of them were good enough for me considering the price tag. I don't expect a small camera to match my full-frame body. However, I have never found a point & shoot that is any good at more than the base ISO. So, the other day I am in Wal-Mart and what do I see? A brand new (not a floor demo) E-420 kit with the 14-42mm lens on clearance for $299! I grabbed it right away! There was no hesitiation since they only had one left and at that price, well, how can you go wrong? So now I have been playing with it for a couple of days and all I can say is WOW! No, I am not going to claim it's as good as my 5D. However, it blows away any point & shoot I have ever used and it's not much bigger. This will be very easy to keep with me most of the time. Seems well built and has great features for such a small camera. So, I just wanted to say hi to the Olympus users out there and you will probably have me picking your brains for some tips on using this little gem!

MonteCarlo67's gear list:MonteCarlo67's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow