ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Holger Bargen
Contributing MemberPosts: 856Gear list
Like?
It's fast, it's silent, it's sharp - my new Sigma 17-70mm, 1:2.8-4.0 with OS
Mar 19, 2010

Dear all,

Long time I was searching for a replacement for the kit lens of my K10D (it was the 18-55AL and not ALII - thus, not best quality).

Original Pentax was too expensive for me even though I would have prefered it as I always was glad with my Pentax lenses.

I finally decided to buy the new Sigma 17-70mm OS and ordered it - and received it today.

A first test for front/back focussing with focus on a card between the keys of my piano took a load off my mind: no front- or back-focussing.

After a long very cold period with lots of snow we have a few a little bit warmer days at the moment. I took this photo a few moments ago outside my house.

Conditions were not the best for taking photos (the sun was just "figthing" with high fog) - but maybe you get an impression of my new lens (and its macro capabilities!)

The photo was shoot in RAW and transfered via RawTherapee 2.4 into jpg wih settings set to default.

Best regards
Holger

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-S1 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow