Help finding a lens for my T1i/500D please! =)

Started Mar 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kjjnova
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Like?
Help finding a lens for my T1i/500D please! =)
Mar 19, 2010

Hello! All you guys have helped me tons in the past you guys helped me choose to buy the T1i so now I am asking for help choosing a lens for it!

I had the kit lens and purchased the 55-200mm but I quickly realized changing lenses is NOT something I want or am willing to do. I dont need a crazy zoom I was pretty happy with the 200mm although 250mm would have been good too. I take pictures on the beach every year of my family up close then would want to use my zoom also I am not going to switch lenses on the beach and risk getting sand in my camera or my lens. I take impeccable care of my camera so thats why I decided to buy one of the 18-200 "all in ones"

Here are my concerns and questions:

First I was wondering since canon only makes an 18-200mm would it be ok to get another brand of lens that might give me the option to go a little higher with my zoom? I am nervous about that though because I know I can trust canon and have zero experience with any lens companies.

Secondly I know that the 55-200mm had some color distortion and issues at the fullest end of the zoom so I assume the 18-200mm with be the same way. Does anyone know if it will be like that and is there a way around this? If not would buying a different brand lens be a better option of avoid this all together???

Thirdly one of the major things I need this zoom lens is for the shows we go see at Disney etc they are stage shows at night with some lighting but I have heard that the higher end zoom lenses perform poorly in those situations is this true? If so are there other options I should consider or maybe just a way to use the lens to get the best possible pics in these situations?

I am will to spend the money to get what I want for me it will be worth every penny!! The only thing I am absolutely NOT willing to do is switch lenses I hate it and if thats the choice I have to make I would rather go without a zoom then to have to do that in the middle of our family trips! I love my T1i it has been all I could have hoped for and then some now I am just looking for my all in one zoom lens! Any and all help is welcome and will be GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance! Kelly

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow