ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WildSammy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,032Gear list
Like?
Differences between F50/1.7 & FA50/1.7?
Mar 18, 2010

Hello folks.

Could you be so mind and tell me what are the real-life differences between the older F50/1.7 and newer FA50/1.7? For instance the differences in AF behaviour mainly in lower light or image quality? Which one of these two is better made? What difference is between extended camera communication with FA lens against the F lens? Will my K20D work with F lens flawless? I need 50mm portrait lens for shooting weddings. Will be F50/1.7 suitable lens for doing that job or FA50/1.7 will do the job better? I want f/1.7 version because is sharper than f/1.4 and I like also rendering and color reproduction of f/1.7 more than of f/1.4. I don't want DA*55/1.4 because I had bad experiences with SDM lenses in past so therefore I'm thinking about the F or FA, but I don't know what are the differences. I have an offer for 175EUR(225$) on F50/1.7 lens. I think it's good price, but may be I should wait for the FA version. What do you think?

Thanks in advance for your reply

-- hide signature --

S.

WildSammy's gear list:WildSammy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Apple Aperture +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow