Started Mar 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shooter8
Regular MemberPosts: 184
Like?
Use those neck straps !!!!!!!!!
Mar 18, 2010

Yesterday I was goofing around in Algodones Mexico and saw a woman with a 7D and what appeared to be an ef-s lens attached. She was taking pics with cam in hand and neck strap flapping in the breeze. Not sure what happened but I turned in time to see her cam hit the concrete and bounce down a couple steps and off a sidewalk. I could see that the lens mount was crushed in so much as to make the remains of the lens angle off hard to the right. The magnesium body of this solidly built camera was clearly destroyed. This was a total loss unless canon can some how replace the magnesium chassis. In other words, she just ate well over $2K because the cheapy @ssed neck strap wasn't cool enough for sporty chick. I guess the moral of the story is to make sure you use your neck straps. If you want to be really, and I do mean really cool, make sure to pick up one of the cute liittle hand grips. I know two people that have fallen with cam in hand, and both suffered tremendous damage to either body or lens. My D3 shooting buddy can attest to over $4K in damage ! Just thought I would pass this along. I hate to see things like this happen but if nothing else, maybe a few will learn something.
Best regards
shooter8

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow