What did I do????? Custom Functions Slowing Me Down...

Started Mar 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
slr_SoFL
Regular MemberPosts: 236Gear list
Like?
What did I do????? Custom Functions Slowing Me Down...
Mar 16, 2010

I was out trying to shoot my son's baseball game today and I noticed that in High Speed Continuous (and actually in slow continuous as well), and was always in AI Servo. I was getting only FOUR shots before it slowed down, and then I would get 2 shot bursts with small pauses.

I was shooting Large Fine JPEGS at ISO 200 and the shutter speeds were less than 1/1000. I have a 300x UDMA Lexar, so the main settings were fine.

I will admit that I had been playing around with some of the custom functions, i.e.:

I set the III-1 to Slow and tried different settings for the initial shot priority and subsequent shot priority, and even changed III-3 to continuous AF track priority. I had even changed the DOF button to change the type of AF for a single shot, although I never touched this button during shooting.

I went through all of these again during the game and couldn't get it to show more than 4 shots in the viewfinder buffer readout.

In frustration I reset all custom functions, and voila - problem solved, but WHY???

-- hide signature --

Just a weekend hack...

7D, Rebel XTi, Sigma 12-24, Tamron 17-50 - 2.8, 50mm f/1.8' Canon 28-135 IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4 IS and 430EX

slr_SoFL's gear list:slr_SoFL's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow