Started Mar 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
setite
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
Don't Leave USB on HX5V
Mar 15, 2010

I went to sleep with a nearly full battery, woke up with a fully depleted battery. I hooked the camera up via USB last night to import some pictures. I was messing with the pictures and didn't think to turn off the USB. My last camera had the USB connected to the charging dock so I never had an issue like this, but with the HX5V and maybe other Cybershots, USB doesn't seem to even trickle charge the camera. I find this to be a somewhat shitty aspect of the camera to not turn off after no usb activity for X amount of time. I have to devote every minute to charging the camera right now so I can't afford to look through the camera for a possibly misconfigured sleep setting.

The biggest reason I warn you guys is because this has already ruined my plans for today. I planned to go the The M Resort in bumfuck Henderson, NV to try their supposedly amazing buffet and take some photos. I was then going to go to the strip for some daytime, twilight, and nighttime photos using some of the suggestions from Tom Hoots. The M will have to wait as their buffet switches to dinner pricing in a little over an hour, which is 30$ instead of 15$ for lunch.

Side note, what setting do you guys use to combat hand shake. Moderate or Active? I think I need to go back to active because I'm getting way too many blurred shots with Moderate when taking photos in P with exposure bracketing. Defeats the purpose of bracketing if two of 3 photos are blurred from movement and I can't tell on the camera that they are blurred.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow