ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Moogles
Regular MemberPosts: 159
Like?
Street photography / Walk around with 7D
Mar 14, 2010

Street photography / Walk around with 7D

I have read through many articles and forum and found this to be the most active / helpful. Hope you guys can help advice.

I am upgrading my 40D to 7D. I was considering between 5DM2 and 7D and finally thought to go with 7D because 7D has newer features, such as: gapless microlenses, dual axis electronic level, 100% viewfinder coverage and 1.0 magnification, built-in flash and new controls and I feel that 5DM2 is an outgoing model despite getting a lot of firmware upgrades and attention. Lastly, so I can use some of the money for a better lens.

I had a 24-105f/4L IS but I didnt quite enjoy shooting with it during my travels, especially during the night. I am currently thinking of 24-70f/2.8L for my street photography / walkaround. Note that I will be travelling around Asia for the next 12 months and night street photography is unavoidable. On top of that I have never used a 24-70f/2.8 and am concern how badly I'd do without IS. I've been spoilt by IS all these 3 years.

I am looking into having an UWA lens and a walkaround. I will be in a city at most times, travelling to places like Macau, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand.

I thought about a combination of 17-40f/4L+24-70f/2.8+(70-200f/2.8IS, when I have spare cash). I am not sure if this combo is a good choice on a APS-C. I read many who said that 24-70 is better on FF (5DM2). It sounded as though a 20-xx lens isnt good for APS-C at all.

I do not want to spend on EF-S lens nor primes. Feel free to correct me with my choice of camera as well (5DM2 vs 7D) and how either will fit my lens choices better.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow