reconsidering 2 - a850 compare to your older camera

Started Mar 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,782Gear list
Like?
From Nikon D300 and Fuji s5
In reply to Ruvy, Mar 12, 2010

I prefer the viewfinder, it's much easier to MF than on the Nikon. I also love the Sony 50mm f1.4 and I wanted to get the control of DOF that the full frame sensor let me have.

I had the 70-200 and the 70-300VR on the Nikon system and I feel like the 7-300G is a good replacement although I can't afford an f2.8 replacement at the moment! I also have the Tamron 90mm macro which I don't like as much as the Nikon 105VR that I had.

As for flash I have the little fold up/down Sony one and think that it's much more useful than the onboard ones on the other cameras - I bought it expecting to get the 58 in the near(ish) future.

Ironically the lens that I am missing most is the Zeiss 25mm f2.8, I can't wait for the 24mm f2 in Sony mount but I might get the 16-35mm still...

The frame rate in full quality is much better on the Sony, there seems to be more tonality (compared to the Nikon, it's very similar to the S5 but with 4 times the number of pixels), the autofocus is faster (but I really prefer the focus point selection and number of focus points on the D300). I also prefer the matrix metering on the Nikon.

Oh, I also LOVE the grip on the a900, it's pretty special! I did do a lot of playing and other members of my family shoot Sony and I was Minolta for film but couldn't afford to stick with them when it was KM 7D vs Nikon D70... I am back home now!
--
James
http://jamestux.zenfolio.com

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow