Started Mar 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lepista
Regular MemberPosts: 438
Like?
************Mini-Challenge 239: Abstract************
Mar 12, 2010

Thank you very much kevindar for hosting the last challenge, HDR, and choosing me to host the next challenge.

This weeks challenge.. I'm going to choose... ABSTRACT.

The Challenge will end 12:00 GMT on Friday 19 march 2010. Good Luck everyone!

If you submit a photo, please check in when the winners are posted. The first place winner is expected to host the next challenge. If the first place person cannot host, it moves to the 2ND place; etc.
THE RULES

The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going. You post your image(s). The host chooses the winner. The decision of the judge (the host) is final. The judge is not eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, judges the winner, and passes on the baton to that person.
Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera.

You can do all the post processing you want. However, it is most helpful if you list your camera and lens along with your photo.

When posting your picture, change the Subject of your post to display your name or picture titles. This way, when someone comments (i.e. replies), it will refer specifically to you. If all entries read "Re: Mini Challenge xxx"... it would be very boring to scan the list.

Either embed your image in the thread or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website). Also please re-size your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (800 pixels on the longest side works best.).
And how do you embed a picture? I'm glad you asked:

1. While your photo on Flickr (or any other web site) is open, copy the URL address from the address box on your tool bar, then paste it into your reply thread. Add a .jpg extension to get the photo to show up. Click on preview to make sure it's what you want.
Or

2. Right click on the image in Flickr (or where ever you've hosted it), click on "Properties"..., highlight the link with the .jpg extension on it, and paste it into your message text. Provide any additional information you want.

3. Of course you can take advantage of the Galleries on our good dp review.

You may enter up to three pictures, but try to put them within a single post. Please give a title to each photo - this makes it easier to differentiate when giving comments.

Please size your photo no bigger than 800 pixels on the longest dimension. This is to let those with smaller monitors to see your image at full resolution.
Please limit the size of your entries to conserve bandwidth.

As a show of courtesy, and to save bandwidth, please remove the original post when replying, so you don't bring back any previous photos.
I will post examples in the next post

Previous Mini-Challenges:

197 Curves
198 Primary Colors
199 Wild Animals With Fur
200 Shallow Depth of Field
201 Patterns
202 Silhouettes
203 Thrill of the moment
204 Outdoor Pursuits
205 Architecture
206 Candid Portrait
207 Portraiture
208 Event shooting
209 The Flame does it!
210 Dramatic Clouds
211 Reflections
212 Cityscapes and Skyscrapers
213 Fun in the Sun.
214 Three
215 Postcard
216 Emotions
217 Rest and relaxation
218 Wildlife
219 Sweet & Sour
220 Long Exposures
221 Fall
222 Automobiles
223 Occupations
224 Sports
225 Camera on the ground
226 City Life
227 On the Beach
228 Minimalistic
229 Edited
230 Trees
231 Construction
232 Snow
233 Something Old
234 Get Over It!
235 Broken!
236 Valentine's Day
237 Where do you want to be
238 HDR
239 Abstract

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
WebNew
imqqmi MOD
my 3New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow