ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
david_d
Regular MemberPosts: 137
Like?
Advice on ND Grad Filters
Mar 12, 2010

Hi

Just gone from a 5d to a 5dmkii and have also bought the Lee filter holder, with a set of 3 hard grads.

As there are 3 slots as standard, i started experimenting with the one filter, and then i used two of the grads together, seeing what effects could be created.

But, when i looked at the images compared to the image taken without the filters, the one with the filters looked terrible.
Looked like it was slightly out of focus, fuzzy.
Lens used was the 85L.

I appreciate anything you put infront of the lens is going to have some effect, but i was very supprised to the extent of the degradation.
Would you say this is normal?

Is it because i was combining two ND grads?, rather than mixing say a grad and a colour filter?
Ill post images later so you can see the difference

Was really looking forward to using them, but if it has this much impact on quality, negates all the image quality of the 5dmkii

I did look at some images just with the one ND, and didnt notice anything as such, although i wasnt looking hard at the time as id then not taken the shots with the 2
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Dave

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow