Started Mar 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michel Savage
Contributing MemberPosts: 685Gear list
Like?
Rebel XT VS Rebel T2i - Last call
Mar 11, 2010

OK, one last time. These two pics were taken on a tripod and delayed shutter, with a Sigma 11-22 at F8, ISO 100. The entire set of focus points was used for focus.

I printed both pics on 8 X 10 at highest resolution. The T2i shows better processing, slightly better color & saturation. In terms of sharpness and detail, however, the XT seems to be the winner by a very slight margin that may simply be perceptual.

The pics were shot in RAW, imported into PDD, then into CS2. Sharpening was 100% and radius was 1 pixel. Nothing esle was done. The pics are full-size.

My conclusion (as a non-technical guy) is that the T2i is much better, specially for its LCD screen (you need glasses to rwead the XT's screen), Live View, processor, anti-dust, menus and handling. But the differences generated by 18 MP vs 8 MP are negligible and I wonder, maybe negative. But I'll let the tech heads decide that.

Someone on this forum said not long ago that I'd be disapointed in a 5D2. I wonder why. Someone else said that it is obvious that the 18 MP will be softer than the 8 MP.

Anyway, I've spent the last two days testing, checking, debatting here on DPReview. I still have many questions. I may keep the T2i because it's much nicer than the XT, but

resolution and sharpness wise, they're equal.

Michel Savage's gear list:Michel Savage's gear list
Nikon D7100
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow