Started Mar 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
realgeek
Senior MemberPosts: 1,177
Like?
Question on HX5V.
Mar 11, 2010

I have multiple cameras, for different purposes. I am thinking of getting an HX5V, but I was wondering whether anyone who had it thinks it serves my intended purpose.

The primary purpose of the camera would be for my wife to use everyday. Thus, it has to be simple to operate -- because she doesn't know about or care to play with any settings. It also has to have good low-light performance, because she's often shooting indoors. Finally, it has to have a long zoom (because she's also often shooting outdoors).

Image quality must be good, of course, but need not be amazing. We never print shots from my wife's camera at over 4x6. Low light performance is much more important.

We currently use the Canon Powershot SX110IS. It's pretty nice, but its limitations are becoming increasingly apparent. The biggest problem is that, in order to take good pictgures, she has to mess with the flash and ISO settings (HI vs. AUTO). She'll do the one, but not the other. Plus, it's pretty slow shot-to-shot and a little bulky.

The HX5V strikes me as the perfect replacement. Any thoughts? Observations from use that I might not have thought about?

I have to admit that I also like the additional features of the HX5V for myself: like speed, panoramas, HDR, etc. But those are secondary to the intended purpose.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow