Started Mar 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shuttrrbug
Regular MemberPosts: 309
Like?
Scammer or Legit?
Mar 11, 2010

I hope to get your feedback and advice on potential wedding job I may be hired to do. I am by no means a pro photographer. I posted an ad on my local craigslist offering my photographic services such as portrait work, senior shots, events etc, and someone from Oklahoma contacted me saying he's getting married in June and asked me if I can show him samples of my work and how much I would charge. He likes my work and has agreed to my fee. I told him I will need at least 50% deposit upfront before I travel (I am in Texas) of which $500 is non-refundable, and that I wold have him sign a PO (which is our signed legal promise for me to perform and for him to pay). Here's the reply I received from him yesterday:

"I really appreciate your effort towards my wedding thank you once again.The payments would be made via MONEY ORDER; OR CHECKS covering both Your charges and Your travel expenses..I got a Bartender here his bill is affordable for me,And he also accept Cashier Check or money order as a mode of payment,... this means you are going to pay up the bartender through your payment,My client said his going to send you a payment of $3500 cos the bartender bill is $2000 and i want to pay him after You have cashed The money and for all but your balance will get to you before the date, I will expect you to notify me as soon as you received the payment mailed to you via FEDEX. I have no doubt in your ability to effectively discharge the above explained scenario, Meanwhile, kindly furnish me with the following information
to enable me prepare the payment
as soon as possible.
Full Name:
AddressNO P.O BOX):
City:
State:
Zip code:
Phone( Cell Phone )
Thanks you for your cooperation.Please bear with me."

Does this make any sense to you???

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow