Contemplating changing from 17-55 f2.8 to 24-105 L...should I?

Started Jan 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
J Watkins
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
Re: Contemplating changing from 17-55 f2.8 to 24-105 L...should I?
In reply to Loren Charif, Mar 10, 2010

Loren Charif wrote:

They are not mutually exclusive; I own and use both, depending on the shooting I'm doing at the time.

Loren

I was going to say the same thing... I've had the 24-105 for a number of years and love it but I ordered the Canon 17-55 last year and I use both depending on the situation. I do primarily keep the 24-105 on the 7D for day to day shooting and have a fond respect for the reach it has. At night I shoot much closer and the 17-55 shines wide open.

Yesterday I ended up in Sedona, AZ for a unplanned day trip. I unfortunately forgot my 17-55 and was really regretting it when I came up on the snow covered mountains and wan't able to get quite as wide as I wanted.

Granted the picture below isn't at 24mm but it IS from the 24-105 and with the weather alternating between rain, hail, and snow I had the camera and lens fairly soaked without any problems. I do tend to baby the 17-55 a little more and it never sees rain!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow