Started Mar 9, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yankeeslover
Regular MemberPosts: 117
Like?
please tell me i didnt make mistake choosing k-x over d5000
Mar 9, 2010

im sorry about all these post..but im hoping im not have buyers remorse. my k-x came yesterday. and if you have been reading all my post, you will know im as basic and amateur as they come. I have no interest in turning into professional pics, just want nice looking family pictures that i cant seem to get w/ a p&s.. I want to be able to take some pics of my daughter playing sports. I really like the 5 fps that the k-x offered so thats one of the reasons i went with it, and i will be getting the 50-300mm withen the next month to use for her sports.. My question is, everyone is now telling me that i should have chose the nikon d5000 instead.. that the in-lens focus is much better then inbody for sports...Im not going to argue this, but will a amatur even be able to see the differences? I also hear that the k-x is not very good at sports... all i use is the center focus point, and find it easier using that to track moving subjects... Or is that the hard way? should I be using the 5pt? without the ovf showing the points, its hard to see, so that why i always leave in center focus. Im sorry about all this.. i have a few days to send this back.. so far, it seems that the pics are great, only complaint, is i hate using the LV..so i dont use it..I thaught i would like the face detection but it takes 10 min to find the faces..LOL......so i dont think i have any need for lv at all.....im not sure why one would even want to use lv if viewfinder is soooo much faster...thanks, Pete

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow