ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nitewalker
Forum MemberPosts: 86
Like?
5D MKII: dark edge on photos
Mar 8, 2010

Hi,

I've had my 5D II for over a year but never thought it could be a problem until now. What I'm seeing I've always put down to shadows, or vignetting. However, I had a shoot a couple of days ago and noticed that some photos were showing a very dark edge on one side; and it's definitely the type of dark edge one gets when the set shutter speed exceeds the strobe max-synch speed.

I know not to use 200, or even 160 in some cases, but what I was seeing was happening every few shots, and not on all of them so it's not like this setting was wrong all the time, only sometimes. Now, I look back over older photos and see a slightly dark edge on one side barely noticeable but it's there.

I'll put together some samples but in the meantime, has anyone else had a similar problem? Is this a hardware issue or am I simply using too high a shutter speed for the strobes? Should I stick to 125 shutter speed regardless of the strobes used?

Thanks,
Theo.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow