Started Mar 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bik1906
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Blatant Marketing by Fuji on forums
Mar 7, 2010

Im not sure who this needs to be addressed by however I would like to call attention to the thread at http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1012&message=34607232 whereby Mr Paul Woodall has clearly indicated that he is marketing manager of Fuji.

Now it is all very well if he is genuinely asking for feedback on a product however a simple google search (search for "paul woodall, fuji hs 10") reveals that this is not the only forum he has done this on. There are several other birding forums where Mr Woodall has asked the same question.

I sincerely doubt that Fuji would really care what features we feel are nice, especially at this stage since the camera comes out in a months time!!! This is very obviously an attempt to keep the interest level high on the camera (which I dont understand since in any case the camera has everybody wanting one)

Now dont get me wrong, I fully intend to buy this camera. However I do feel that instead of their cheap marketing tactics that will drive buyers like me away, Fuji should just release some real images taken with the camera and maybe get someone at one of the better sites to exclusively preview the camera (note to dpreview - the least you can ask for in return for blatant marketing rights on the forums is an exclusive preview!!that way we'll know whether the marketing is justified or not)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow