Started Mar 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
finlemad
Forum MemberPosts: 83Gear list
Like?
Up and down instead of back and forth
Mar 6, 2010

The answer to this one has to be something really simple that I'm missing.

While I'm learning Lightroom, my photos are stored on an external hard drive that I access through Vista by Computer> Folders> Iomega then click on the folder that I want. I don't go through Windows photo gallery.

When I edit a photo, from that point on the left and right arrows in the single view screen move the next view up and down instead of left and right. Really irritating as you are trying to work through a series of shots in order and each time you edit one, you have to go back to the opened folder to select the next picture. Also keeps you from quickly switching from the original to the edit, as the first thing that I do is make a copy, store it next to the original, and edit the copy. The other option is to close out the program and restsart it. Then it moves crosswise until you do the first edit.

In Zoombrowser, when you open a folder, the whole folder is in the "project bin" automatically. Easy to step directly from one to the next or previous.

With DPP, the thumbnails are larger and you are working directly back and forth from the folder with no lag time.

In PSE 8, unless you put your photos in the project bin, you have to go back to the folder for each photo. Not using the organizer. With all that I read about workflow, there has to be a simpler way.
Finn

finlemad's gear list:finlemad's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow