Started Mar 4, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Cassatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,308Gear list
Like?
CD Mailers--postage
Mar 4, 2010

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I do.

After a shoot, I typically send the client a CD or DVD containing the images. Usually I get overnight service from the USPS for local delivery. Generally works great.

Here are the problems.

I used to take the mailers to the local post office and stand in line. The weight seems to come in at exactly one oz. So the cost is $ .44 first class + $0.17 for special handling = $.64. However, one scale at the post office is a bit off and the package comes in at a 1.1 oz.

Problem 2-- some postal clerks try to charge you a package rate, even more. I use the regional post office and when that happens, I politely ask to speak with the supervisor. One time the supervisor even when around to each of the clerks to make sure they were charging the correct rate.

So to save myself time standing in line, I bought a bunch of $.64 stamps. A couple of days ago, I received a mailer back marked insufficient postage. Back to the post office and the nice clerk freely admitted that someone made a mistake. Off it went and the client received it the nezxt day.

Anyone else have problems of this sort?

-- hide signature --
 Jim Cassatt's gear list:Jim Cassatt's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 300D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 +18 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow