Started Mar 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chuck Lantz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,009Gear list
Like?
LowePro warranty works!
Mar 3, 2010

Just for a change of pace, I thought I'd post an "atta-boy" about a company, instead of the usual complaints

I just had my faith restored in those "lifetime" warranties that a lot of companies claim to have, which usually turn out to be less than ideal.

A couple of years ago my better half presented me with a birthday gift that surpassed the usual neckties and/or socks: ... a LowePro 300 AW "SlingBag" camera bag. I have to confess that I had dropped a few subtle hints prior to the event. Like begging and whining every day; "Please, PLEASE get me a LowePro 300AW! I really, REALLY need one!"

But other than that, I left it totally up to her.

I needed a bag that would stay firmly attached to me, and that could be moved easily from my back to my front while still allowing me the use of both arms and hands, so shoulder bags and backpack bags were out. This model did the trick. Anyway, I've used the bag for every shoot, on the water and off.

About three months ago, the threads on one of the two main compartment zippers began to come loose. Not a big deal really, only an inch two were coming out, but it eventually got to the point where it was slowing down the process of getting stuff in and out of the bag while hanging onto a boat.

So I checked the warranty, and it contained the usual stuff about repairing or replacing any bag with workmanship problems. Normal wear and tear excluded,of course. So I emailed their service department and explained the problem, and then the fun began.

The next day I received a phone call from their service rep, who asked a few questions about the problem, and then asked for the lot number of the bag's manufacturing ID tag. And then he said that he'd be shipping a new bag immediately. No need to ship my bag to them at all.

And that was it. No copies of (probably lost) receipts needed. No "send it in...get it back...send it in again" nonsense. Just a straight-up "It's busted? We'll replace it" ... period.

Exactly as advertised.

I got the new bag yesterday.

Pretty cool, LowePro ... and thanks!

-- hide signature --

'If they're not screaming at you to get out of the way, you're not close enough' http://www.ChuckLantz.com

Chuck Lantz's gear list:Chuck Lantz's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D700 Sigma SD9 Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15 +15 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow