'Modernisation' GH1 Pink Floyd video filmed in Boracay

Started Mar 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
David247
Senior MemberPosts: 2,406Gear list
Like?
WOW!! Great
In reply to CommanderSpike, Mar 3, 2010

Wonderful video and speaks volumes. Thanks a lot for sharing.

I worked and lived in the Philippines for a year with my prior employer. Unfortunately, too much work and too little photography, but you are right, the contrasts between rich and poor are "extreme". And the cultural standards are different. The people are wonderful and hospitable for the most part and I would go back in an instant given the chance. They love pictures and posing for pictures. At work, at restaurants or clubs and even on the street.

The following photos were taken with my Oly 500 or a Panny FZ50 while I was there. I was waiting to flag down a taxi, when some boys yelled at me. Sir, just one picture please sir. They wanted to pose for me. Started with 3 boys and in seconds they were joined by others. The same thing happened when several Newspaper sellers were preparing their papers and asked me to photograph them. At a night club, in a staff members lined up asking me to photography them. Even a bank guard.

-- hide signature --
 David247's gear list:David247's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Olympus E-510
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow