Canon 7D Video vs. Canon Rebel T2i Video?

Started Feb 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
ShawnCo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,356
Like?
Re: T2i makes good video but not for all occassions
In reply to skanter, Mar 2, 2010

Well, that is mostly true. I guess it is better to say you are taking more of a risk if you take a non-weather sealed body in the rain. I have taken all my DSLR's out in wet conditions (snow and rain) and have yet to have a problem. Most of them had no weather sealing (20D, 40D, 50D, 5D). Granted I didn't go out in a hurricane with them or even a really strong thunderstorm. On top of that, I tried to minimize their exposure to the elements.

On top of all that, I am not convinced there is much support for a water damaged body unless it is a 1-series. I hope I never have to find out!

skanter wrote:

So, it would seem a weather-sealed body is only useful if all your lenses are weather-sealed, or else you can't take the 7D out in the rain anyway.

ShawnCo wrote:
No - only "L" lenses - and not all of them.

skanter wrote:

the vid guy wrote:

T2i will make decent films.

Menu system sucks, non-weather sealing stinks -- BUT -- it has great video and if you can wrap it around plastic bags/umbrellas and just tolerate the annoying consumer menu system -- you'll be fine.

Are all lenses weather-sealed?

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow