More thoughts on the A550 ...

Started Feb 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
Danel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,904Gear list
Like?
Re: Its all about preferences...
In reply to HEU_Brewer, Mar 2, 2010

Most of the people who review DSLRs are long term users of SLRS/DSLRs that had all of the standard features, so that's what they look for. It took years before many reviewers started giving credit for body based stabilization... some still don't. And you are right, many reviewers look at live view with face detection as a point and shoot feature that doesn't belong on a DSLR... so they give it no credit at all, even though it can be very useful in getting proper exposure. I've seen posters on these forums do the same thing. Basically, people are creatures of habit. If something has always been done one way, they will often over look the possibilities and advantages of doing it another way.

HEU_Brewer wrote:

I agree completely. I would hope that Sony will market this better, honestly seveal family members have asked to use my new camera and are now interested in getting one because of LV. These same people have seen other DSLRs at work but seemed intimidated and never have inquired about them

My take really is that all of the reviews I have read have really discounted and blown off the fast LV and completely ignored face detect. Even some people who like the camera seem to ignore these features.

Since I am new to this please forgive me, but reading the reviews and posts it seems like people equate LV and LV with face detact with P&S and that somehow this is bad.

Danel's gear list:Danel's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow