Which DSLR? Advice Needed...

Started Feb 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
Esben Larsen
Regular MemberPosts: 459
Like?
Re: Which DSLR? Advice Needed...
In reply to Matt_UKTX, Mar 2, 2010

Very good purchase decision. The 550D should be a fine camera with the new, high-rez wide-aspect screen and improved video features. I own the 450D and although I won't upgrade for a couple of years the 550D is the camera I would buy if starting over today.

The lenses are good starter lenses. The UV filters I would put in the camera bag and use if going to the beach.

Enjoy your new camera!

hdx08774 wrote:

After much debate, and changing my order several times, I have firmly decided on the following...

• Canon EOS T2i/550D SLR Camera Kit with EF-S 18-55 IS Lens $899

• Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Standard/Medium Telephoto Camera Lens $99.94

• B+W 58ES UV Haze Filter $28.94

• B+W 52E UV Haze Filter $24.94

I was going to buy a more expensive lens, but optically the kit lens seems as good as the others. For $100, I figure I can use it, outgrow it, and then probably sell it on eBay in a few months for $50. Not a bad deal.

I ordered the "Nifty Fifty" based on the recommendations in this forum. We'll see how I get on with it, but again, for $100, I can probably offload it in a few months for $50 if I don't use it much.

I bought the UV filters to protect the lenses. Probably not required, but for $50 I thought it was worth having that extra layer of protection.

Thoughts?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow