Astonishing negativity to Noktor 50mm f0.95...

Started Mar 1, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BlogAddict
Regular MemberPosts: 301
Like?
Astonishing negativity to Noktor 50mm f0.95...
Mar 1, 2010

I am astonished by how negative many of the forumers are to the new Noktor 50mm f0.95 lens. I consider this lens release a positive thing, for the following reasons:

1. It is great to see someone else than Panasonic and Olympus make a lens for m43s cameras. They seem to have proven that there are no patents involved preventing 3rd party manufacturers from making m43s lenses.

2. My Canon FD 55mm F1.2 will not take better pictures under the horrible conditions in the official samples on noktor.com. I think it is a mistake of the Noktor-guys to not post daytime pictures though (like these ones from another photographer: http://www.flickr.com/photos/doo3/sets/72157608196915345/ )

3. The m43s system lacks fast lenses, and I admire those guys for trying to do something about it.

I am not going to buy the lens though, but might be interested if Noktor release the Senko 25mm f0.95 in m43s mount. There are several samples from such a lens online, and this focal length has half the price of the 50mm.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow