Started Feb 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HarjTT
Senior MemberPosts: 1,041
Like?
The E3 replacement and its competitors
Feb 28, 2010

As we all know, that when Oly was working on the E3 they had the Nikon D200 and Canon 40D as the E3's direct competitors and there was a powerpoint presentation that clearly pointed this out. Its clear that even as a "pro" camera the E3 was aimed at the semi-pro segment of the market and not at the real pro (Canon 1D/Nikon D3) cameras.

Now my question is this .. Where should Oly be pitching the E3 replacement ? Should it be the likes of the D300s and Canon 7D or the lesser D90/50D models ? Clearly Oly's flagship camera can't compete against the likes of the Canon 1DMKIV, Nikon D3/D700 and Sony's A900 FF cameras but my own thoughts are that the E3's replacement has to clearly be better than the current 7D and D300s and as good as any D400 (my bet is Nikon will show a D400 at Photokina 2010). I'd be interested in your opinions on this esp as I have recently seen posts on a couple of forums where some oly users have stated that any E3 replacement has no chance of competing against the D300s/7D.

Cheers

HarjTT

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow