dxomark: how important it is for choosing camera? please drop few lines.

Started Feb 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
KALEL33
Senior MemberPosts: 2,797
Like?
Re: dxomark: how important it is for choosing camera? please drop few lines.
In reply to tony susanto, Feb 28, 2010

tony susanto wrote:

please read : http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/eyes-vs-numbers.shtml , from here you can undertand about their rating is invalid, is a bit misleading. to make all the fanboys especially nikon fanboi to shut their mouth to think their camera r much better.

To the OP, except for one person all the others have behaved as predicted. As for the Luminous-landscape page, here is the final section of that piece.

"DxOMark will fill a very important role for equipment purchasers – if interpreted and used intelligently. Of course it will also provide wonderful fuel for the flamers and self-appointed pundits on web forums who will create a storm of on-going rancorous debate based on these results. (As for me, I'm heading for the hurricane shelter).

So – thanks to DxO Labs for creating this terrific resource. I would only request though that for it to be truly valuable in this fast-paced industry new cameras be added as quickly as possible so that the database's usefulness is updated and maintained in a timely manner."

Wow, ironic that the resource you claim states it's worthless actually backfired on you, and the author predicted the exact behavior you just portrayed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow