Finally got 1DIV but... 5DII sports wow! (400kb pic)

Started Feb 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
richiedodson
Regular MemberPosts: 252
Like?
Finally got 1DIV but... 5DII sports wow! (400kb pic)
Feb 27, 2010

I've been waiting for my 1DIV to arrive for quite a while - I suspect that the majority of available bodies were sent to the Australian Open and the Winter Olympics. I was lucky enough to use one at the Aussie Open for a few days from CPS while waiting for mine to arrive.

I had a quick shoot for a magazine advert to do - but unfortunately my 1DIV hadn't arrived until yesterday. I had to use my 5DII.

We had 1 chance to get a good pic. Banked up traffic was everywhere. The rider pushed the crossing button and as soon as the cars stopped at the lights we were off! He rode, shot taken from a car driving next to him. We had one stretch of road a couple of hundred metres to get the pic. We could not do a 2nd run because I needed to desperately go and take my son to school (early morning shoot)

I had some nice shots @4fps all with the same settings but many had garbage cans, trees, construction fences, shadows and other ugly stuff in them. A bumpy road stopped many from being without blur.

One good thing about this being from a 5DII is that it will also get blown up huge and will completely cover an entire shop wall so the extra resolution will be nice.

I can't wait to try similar stuff with a real autofocus system I find some shots with 5DII to be excellent for sports but there are so many misses also and just as many let-downs as good shots. It's certainly not a sports camera as everyone knows but can do a good job occasionally.

btw - colours are quite natural - it was sunrise. Not much post other than lightening the face from shadow.
--
'high IQ'

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow