Shame.....

Started Feb 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
Kevin P Kitching
Senior MemberPosts: 2,231Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji haven't listened before...
In reply to OldMaster, Feb 26, 2010

It will be a crying shame to lose one of the finest sensors, but if the Pro Nikons are exposed correctly, then the DR isn't too much of an issue. However, I do concede that they are not as forgiving as the S3/S5.

But then again, I was brought up on lightmeters, Transparencies and Cibachrome Prints!

I also calibrated my cameras - once they are profiled, there is less of a 'colour difference' between them - although, no matter what, the Fuji always tends to be 'greener'. Pulling highlights back seems to result in a magenta cast whereas this isn't the case with the Nikons.

I didn't see the S5 as much of an improvement over the S3 (and I held off long enough on that!). Loss of vertical grip, proprietory battery, same sensor... To get me back to a new Fuji, it would need to have instant operation, wake up from ANY button, and have better resolution (at least 12 REAL Mp) - oh, and phenominal DR!!

I'm not bothered too much aboutl a FF sensor, The D3 covers that, but I think Fuji needs new batteries in their collective hearing aids!

-- hide signature --

Kevin P Kitching

Kevin P Kitching's gear list:Kevin P Kitching's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2500HD Nikon Coolpix P7100 Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow