How do you store all your equipment out of a home?

Started Feb 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LyleUGA
Regular MemberPosts: 259
Like?
How do you store all your equipment out of a home?
Feb 26, 2010

Although I am not a full time professional, I have a large amount of camera and lighting equipment that I am struggling to best store in my home. For years, I simply keep the main gear in 2 stored between a photo backpack and a shoulder bag. I then have several additional lenses that I end up storing standing up in a lockable file cabinet.

Then, I struggle to figure out how to store the several tripods, light stands, umbrellas, softbox, monopod, etc. I used to just lean them in a corner of my home office, but it isn't the most attractive place to store them.

My last mess is all of the cables, triggers, filters, batteries, chargers, and other accessories. All these small items never seem to remain organized for more than 2 weeks. It is almost like a little troll hides in my cabinets and makes a mess out of them when I am asleep.

How does anyone else store their equipment to keep it more organized? Do you just keep it in your bags? Any nice ideas on storing all of the larger items in an organized way other than just leaning them in the corner? My wife would really like my office to look a little neater, being that it is what used to be the formal living room. So, all guests to our house see my office and all the large bulky items as soon as they step in the door.

It would be neat if there was a nice lockable cabinet/safe that was designed for storing camera equipment. Then it would serve both purposes of storing, and protecting all of the expensive equipment. Sort of like a gun safe. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Lyle

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow