A few from my D3.

Started Feb 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
RaajS
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,913Gear list
Like?
Re: A few from my D3.
In reply to Guidenet, Feb 26, 2010

Craig, your images are stunning! Superb work. Thanks for sharing!

Guidenet wrote:

I'll tell you what, my friend. I love my 300 f/2.8 AFS VR. I have a 500 f/4, but I actually prefer the 300 with a converter or without most of the time. It's smaller and faster in most cases. It is easier to swing about for birds in flight. The IQ is absolutely incredible.

Like you, I'm also going to get a 70-200 f/2.8 eventually. I've put it off for years because I'm covered so many ways at that focal length, but I'm going to do it soon. I visit rookeries where the babies are so close, my 300 is actually too long and my Sigma 150 f/2.8 is a little short. I know that's silly, but true, besides it's an excuse for a new lens.

My love is bird head shots. I love birds in flight but spend most of my time looking for birds with funny or interesting expressions and try to catch the head, not always, but it's my passion. I'm working on a book with that name (Head Shots) for a small wildlife department.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig

-- hide signature --

'Change is not Mandatory, you don't have to Survive...'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow