Like?
5D II tethering with the iPAD
Feb 25, 2010

wouldn't it be magic to have following combination:

1.) EOS 5D II or 1Ds III + USB connected iPDA
2.) Tethering software on the iPAD
3.) GPS transfer to the camera for each shot
4.) video-control with the tethering iPAD

Immediately when the iPAD was announced (2010-01-27) I was thrilled by the idea of the usage of the iPAD as tethering device for my 5D II. May it be for a bigger and better screen (always seem to fail in adjusting my camera on the tripod a tiny bit with the small 3" screen) or may it be for video control.

So I see following scenarios

A.) Has the WFT-E4 wireless transmitter a web browser which I could be connected to the iPAD?
B.) Would it be feasible to connect via USB with an adapter cable to the iPAD

C.) My most preferred solution - would it be possible to get a USB BlueTooth device connected to USB to the 5D II and then connected to the iPAD using a kinda virtual USB wireless connection cia BlueTooth?

It would be the perfect combination IMHO - combined with a geared head it would solve the only real problems I have with the 5D II - keeping the lines straight when using my TS-E 17.

It would be by far better then a articulating screen because it would be a real 10 " screen - I am going to get the iPAD anyhow - so the 5D II tethering with the iPAD would be excellent (to say the least)

What you think??

-- hide signature --

isn’t it funny, a ship that leaks from the top

ISO 9000 definition of quality: 'Degree to which a set of inherent characteristic fulfills requirements'
I am the classic “Windows by Day, Mac by Night user'

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow