Started Feb 25, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
patrickhall
Senior MemberPosts: 1,180
Like?
Where to find this studio background?
Feb 25, 2010

I have asked about this before but now I have an actual photograph to show.

I want to buy a background alternative to paper which gets messed up with the humidity here in South Carolina. My ideal material would be some sort of cloth that does not reflect light too much (not shiny), can be washed if needed (reusable), and lays on the ground well for nice seamless look (probably a heavy fabric).

I love the look of the background in this photo because it's clean, elegant, and if you had to take a photo like this where the background has become part of the photograph you can because it is not too 'home made' looking (well made it is but it still has that movie director quality to it not cheap photographer look). I like the eyelets and being able to just tighten the little strings to straighten it out.

Anyone have a suggestion as to where I can buy this sort of background or the easiest way to make one? I'm not looking at running all around town and going to a seamstress if that is necessary so I'd rather buy it premade. But if setting eyelets is relatively easy I guess I could do that. What do you think?
--
http://www.patrickhallweddings.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow