ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mk7
Mk7
Senior MemberPosts: 1,127
Like?
My camera is good. It is not EVIL.
Feb 25, 2010

The EVIL acronym is not only inaccurate (many M4/3 buyers like myself don't want and may never use an EVF,) it's also not likely to catch on among manufacturers or the broader public, simply because the acronym equates to a word with an undesirable connotation.

The Sony folks are having the same discussion. Over there, not only do they lack the "EV", they currently only have a mockup, with no EVF built-in, or even a shoe for attaching one (the final product will probably have one or the other.)

The "EVIL" acronym seems mostly accepted and cool on this forum. It decribes the type of camera many of us have wanted for years, but the legacy lens big boys were too stingy to give us. We're free to call these cameras whatever we want. Admittedly, EVIL rolls off the tongue more smoothly than "ILC" (the more benign name that DPReview is pushing), time will tell which one catches on and replaces in two years joins "DSLR" in our everyday language. Any other suggestions?

And keep the different brands in separate forums! Except Olympus and Panny (for now, anyway).

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FILMNew
SLIMNew
SILCNew
MIL?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow